Thursday, August 14, 2008

public transit perv

Submitted by: Mika

I have lived in this city for the majority of my life and I've experienced a ton of nasty things, but this story is one of the worst to ever happen to me.

I was in grade eleven at the time and I was on my way to the local public library. I decided to take the subway there with a friend. As my friend and I parted ways, I saw this guy looking at me. I thought nothing of it and got of the train, he got up at the same time as me. I thought it was odd but I ignored it because I assumed that he was heading to the library as well. I went in and I noticed that he stayed outside and sat on the benches near the exit. I was relieved and did my research in the library, I was there for about an hour or so. I got out of the library and saw the same guy waiting around. As I got out of the library, he immediately got up and followed me, I didn't want to even think that he was following me so I decided to make little detours here and there and still he followed. I walked really quickly to an escalator to go down to the TTC station and stopped hoping that he would pass by me but he stayed right behind me. He started to talk to me, asking me about my name which I refused to give. I asked him why and he said he wanted to get to know me better. I said that I had a boyfriend and that my name was none of his business, and he kept repeating that he wanted to get to know me better, saying things like "Oh come on, just tell me your name. I want to get to know you better. Just tell me your name." I repeated that I had a boyfriend and I ran off to a nearby food court to see a friend who was, luckily enough working at the time.

He didn't follow me to the foodcourt but that experience left me really scared. Thinking about it still gives me the creeps and that was almost six years ago!

No comments: